Thursday 28 March 2013

Cycling in Japan

Japan is full of cyclist and it quite a casual mode of transport. The school kids all cycle to school come rain, shine or blizzard (Literally) and some of the High School girls wear too shorter shirts to be cycling on such a windy day! I've nearly had a few collision driving to work because of this. But cyclists in Japan on the whole seem very lax about the idea of safety. Japan as a whole, although bureaucratic hasn't been taken over by the 'Health and Safety Police' yet, unlike in Britain where I recently heard that triangular biscuits in one school have been banned due to their eye-poking corners (True story). But the way Japanese cyclist float from side to side of the road makes me cringe a little, let alone their lack of helmets and even lights at night. As someone who has been hit by a car on my bike I feel the need to express how fearful I am for Japanese people meandering across the tarmac into the path of my vehicle.
Japanese people, please cycle safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment