Thursday 28 March 2013

Boxes and Suitcases

Well, its almost time to go and I am currently living in a cardboard box fortress. I feel so many mixed things about Japan. There is so much I love and so much I don't love so much, its hard to decipher some kind of collusion from all of this. On the whole, I have loved living in Japan and I don't for one second regret coming here. It has been an experience of a lifetime and a daily roller-coaster ride of randomness, pleasure, excitement and side of confusion. Japan has tested me, but I like to think I leave a wiser man than when I arrived. A year is short, but it seemed to fit with the work back home and another year would have gone one of two ways; I would have either loved it so much I'd never come back to England or it would have drove me insane and made me bitter about this island nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment