Wednesday 4 April 2012

I know where you live!


I went to my local Izakaya (Japanese version of a pub) last night for some food and to get to know the locals. Everyone was very inviting but it was a little odd they knew me by name. I figured it was just because it's a small town so word gets around. However, they then brought up more facts about me, I'm from London, I play basketball and I have a Japanese wife. I ask how they knew so much about me and was handed the paper below:



It's a village newspaper and there is a whole article about me with all me, with all my details. My previous job, my age and quite worrying that I play the sanshin. I only ever said I was learning to play the sanshin, so I hope they don't have one somewhere!

I had a great chat with the locals though and accidentally ordered way too food, but it was all so great I had to finish it. There was an old man at the other end of the bar who was giving off some weird vibes, but at the end of the night he offered to pay my bill and although I begged not to, he was very insistent. He was also rather drunk and kept hugging me. All in all, a good night.  

4 comments:

  1. Woody Allen said "we'd all be famous for 15 minutes", yo might be close !
    Mathieu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good grief, that sounds terrifying, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're "Big in Japan", cool! I've always wanted to have a celebrity friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete