Sunday 28 April 2013

Japan Retraction


It's hard when your living abroad in any country, dealing with the language, culture and sometimes very challenging views. I now know in hindsight that maybe I should have taken a break from Japan at some point as having time away I appreciate Japan so much more. It's hard when there is no where to escape from the constant foreigness being part of your everyday life as there is only so long you can hide away in your rooms watching DVDs. Even though I love Japan, it's true that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I feel some of my blogs have been a little harsh because of this, and although I feel they all express my true thoughts and feelings I also want to express that these might be sometimes typed in the heat of the moment. This blog has also been a good therapy for me, either gathering my thoughts of venting my emotions. I feel if I had stayed another year or two, the experience would have been much richer, having had more time to study now my job experience has grown and take more time to 'live' Japan. It wasn't an easy decision to leave Japan and if I was younger, then it would have been a no brainer to stay another year, it just so happened that my situations at the moment sway more towards returning home. The first year is always most difficult and this year has had it ups and downs, but I don't regret doing it for a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment