Monday 1 April 2013

Day 1 - Nomadic Life

Goodbye Shoo. Goodbye job. Leaving our almost empty flat still left me with feelings like I'm not really going anywhere. It makes me fearful that after I leave this will feel like a bizarre, year long dream. A mere fantasy. It also made me think of all the great things I've done this year, but also the things I wish I'd done or the things I wish I'd done differently. Living in Japan requires a huge learning curve and some trial and error. Maybe with this experience, the second year would have been better, but also maybe the novelty of small town life might wear off. I didn't want to have regrets, but they now seemed to cloud my mind. But the next phase of my life has begun...

It's the beginning of our month long, nomadic life before boarding our plane back to England and I'm starting off tired. I feel so confused about where I am and what I'm meant to be doing. Having no job, no flat, no ties (for the next month at least) should be liberating, but where do you start? I feel I've lost a little purpose, other than seeing stuff and finding somewhere to eat. I'm hoping I will soon begin to unwind and relax into the groove of being on a months vacation as one should. In some ways it's a bit like a working vacation being an ALT so many things won't be so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment