Monday 13 May 2013

Flights 7, 8 and 9 – Back to London

It was going to be a long flight and Okinawa to Osaka was just the drop of the iceberg. We had an 8 hour layover in Osaka before boarding our Emirates flight to Dubai, which was killed using the lovely KIX lounge, well worth the 1500 yen to sit on comfy seats, free wifi and nomihodai (All you can drink). A meal later and we were on our flight to Dubai, at 23:30! If youre booking a long flight, I recommend you ask for the 'Exit Seat'. This is the seat near the exit, so no seats in front of you (Don't worry, your tray and TV fold out from the seats). Dozing off and on for the next 10 hours, periodotically stopping to eat something I was sure was meant to be breakfast lunch or dinner. I cannot say enough good things about Emirates by the way. Serious cheap, great service, great food, nice planes, etc etc; or maybe it was a welcomed comfort compared to JetStar (FYI I should mention the problems I had were only on JetStar Pacific, JetStar Japan was totally different). A 3 hour layover in Dubai and onto the next Emirates flight to Heathrow. This 8 hour stretch was tough and there are only so many movies you can watch in a row, but I had the best meal I have ever had on a plane. Warn, tired, irritable and in desperate need of a shower, we arrived back in England. Only customs, baggage claim and a 2 hour tube ride lay ahead of us and the tube ride seemed to go on forever. But I'M BACK IN LONDON!

No comments:

Post a Comment