Monday 22 October 2012

Two Mountains, One Day (Part 2 – Nagi-san)

After our awe-inspiring journey above the clouds (Ok, I know its just fog), we got a call from a friend who was climbing one of the other nearby mountains. I had been wanting to try to climb this one for a while as I've heard its a good climb and has great views on a clear day. So, we decided “What the hey” and set off for our second mountain of the day.

The weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot. The climb wasn't so easy, the path was steep and while well marked covered in small unstable rocks to help get some traction on the mud. I am unfit and my asthma doesn't like me climbing mountains, but I persisted with the climb. At about the 1000 metre point, there is a large rock call Okami-iwa. We sat on the rock to take a rest and watched the valley sprawled out below.

When we finally made it to the top we were all pretty exhausted, but the view was our reward. The valleys, hills and mountains seemed to stretch on for as far as the eye could see, blurring off into the haze of the horizon. All in all, a memorable Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment