Tuesday 10 July 2012

It's Like a Big Warm Blanket


As I've mentioned, it's warming up. But if you've never been in such a climate, you probably don't know how this heat might make you feel. The time you notice it most is when you go from an air-conditioned area back out into the heat. It's like walking into a wall of heat. The best way to describe is like someone walking up to you and saying “Here you are, here is a blanket that's been on the radiator. Let me put with on you!” And you say “No, thank you. Really, I'm hot enough.” But the person insists and says “No, really. You need to wear the hot blanket.” And you say “Please, get this blanket off me.” And they say “You've got too, it's summer!” That's the best way to describe it.

Humidity is also a factor. I went into a bathroom at one of my schools the other day and noticed the mirror had steamed up, like after you've had a hot shower. But it was a public bathroom so there was no shower. It was just the natural heat with the water in the air, causing it to mist.

We also had a super lighting storm the other day. I don't think I've ever seen such a storm. There was lighting cracking and flashing up the sky about every 20 seconds for about half an hour. At one point the rain was so loud it sounded like hale.

Japan is nothing if not extreme, in every sense of the word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment