Thursday 13 December 2012

The 30th Birthday

I was a little bit down about welcoming in such a milestone of a birthday so far from my good friends and family back home; the people that know me so well and would celebrate with me as only they know how. On a day-to-day basis, I enjoy the unfamiliar world of living in another country with surprises around every corner, but sometimes the familiarity of home is what is required. Not to mention feeling down about rolling from the free and youthful feeling of being a twenty-something into the responsible, adult like requirements of a thirty-something and all it entails.

However, I need-not-have-worried, from my wife and all her little helpers rallied to my aid, to put on a party to remember, worthy of such a landmark age. And while I got some wonderful gifts, the best of all was the messages from my friends and family, near and far, which was then collected, edited and presented together in a beautiful video message. I must confess, I cried a little. It was so moving to feel loved by so many people.

The party itself was amazing. Balloons and banners, a steak as big as my head and drinks on tap; friends, toasts, karaoke and a hangover to match.

Thank you to all for the party and your messages, and thank you to my wife for putting it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment